Court of Protection

The Court of Protection is a specialist court to help with decision making for people who are unable to make decisions for themselves.

An application to the Court of Protection maybe necessary to appoint a deputy to act for you.

Our specialist lawyers can provide advice on mental capacity issues and how to apply to the Court of Protection. We assist deputies with their management duties and obligations and complete annual accounts to the Public Guardian.

We can obtain orders to allow a deputy to manage bank accounts and arrange for the sale of property.

Partner and solicitor Tony Illsley acts as a court-appointed deputy if there is no family member or trusted friend to carry out this role.

For more information and to arrange an appointment, or for a no-obligation telephone discussion please call 01827 311411.


Areas of specialism:

  • Advising potential deputies
  • Applying to the Court of Protection
  • Obtaining supporting medical evidence of capacity
  • Obtaining deputyship orders
  • Online security bonding arrangements
  • Trusteeship orders
  • Annual accounts for Public Guardian
  • Statutory wills

Request a call back below

    Your Name (required)

    Your Number (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Your Query

    Contact us on: 01827 311 411 or [email protected]